Monday, December 5, 2011

Fajita Republic Restaurant Review in Green Bay, WI

ByPatricia Summerfield

For dinner I went to the newly opened Mexican restaurant, Fajita Republic, which is located in Bellevue on the far East side of Green Bay. As I walked in I was happily greeted by the hostess and brought to a booth on the dining room side. But if you choose, you may also eat in the bar lounge area which is on the left side of the restaurant. Fajita Republic is immaculate looking and has a cozy warm atmosphere with its Mexican themed murals painted on the walls done in colors of warm reds, oranges, browns and greens. Mini white lights are strung in the middle of the room completing the look. There are many large comfortable booths and some larger tables with very good lighting above each table.

I was brought out very quickly a complimentary basket of tortilla chips and a saucer of fresh salsa. Soon after my waiter introduced himself and asked if I would like a cocktail or beverage to start with. After perusing my menu I decided to start out with a house favorite appetizer, the lime drizzled shrimp for $9.99 and for my main entrée I chose one from their fine cuisine section, MOLCAJETE for $14.99. As I waited for my entrée I snacked on the chips and salsa. The salsa was freshly prepared with pieces of cilantro, onions and tomato. It had a good flavor with just a little heat.

Next came my lime drizzled shrimp appetizer. It consisted of a dozen medium to large shrimp neatly arranged on a large white dish with scattered sliced green onion and cilantro. In the middle of the dish was a small cup of sauce. The shrimp were sautéed in Spanish olive oil with a hint of garlic and red pepper, finished with a splash of fino sherry, fresh lime, cilantro and green onion. The shrimp were amazingly delicious, all the ingredients blending together and with just the right touch of lime juice made for a splendid appetizer. My server was also very charming and fun. He was very eager to please; he would call me my friend and senorita and asked me many times throughout the meal if everything was okay. I watched him rush around hoping to please everyone he was waiting on. He made my meal enjoyable. Next came my entrée, the Molacajeta. It was served in a black Mexican motar, shaped into a bull, and was chock full of large shrimp, steak strips, grilled chicken, chorizo, pork, queso fresco, grilled tender cactus, bell peppers, and onions with a side of rice, refried beans and corn or flour tortillas. All the ingredients were just an explosion of flavor, all the meats were extremely tender with a rich intensity and the vegetables were sautéed nicely with thick chunks of mozzarella cheese that were placed on top that were starting to slightly melt. It tasted fabulous. Next time I go to dine at Fajita Republic I will have to try one of their jumbo Margaritas, they looked refreshing.

Patricia Summerfield is the resident restaurant critic for http://www.greenbaynightlife.com/ an online dining and entertainment guide in the Green Bay area. She has over thirty years of experience in the food and retail industry having worked with entrepreneurs, small businesses, and large company chains with mass production. She has a thorough working knowledge of restaurants and bars given her years of service in various capacities such as waitress, cook, hostess, bartender, and manager. To read more about your favorite Green Bay area restaurant click on http://www.greenbaynightlife.com/category/green-bay-restaurants/

Article Source:http://EzineArticles.com/?expert

View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment